We are looking for a Visual Designer to join our Design team in Helsinki. Altogether we have around 100 experts focused on Design at Siili. You will be working on cutting edge digital products and services for our clients in a team that pushes Siili’s design competence to the next level.Our ideal new family member has a strong drive to make the right things for our clients and end-users. You have a strong sense of aesthetics, visual excellence and consistency, but also basic understanding of user experience and the emotional experiences that they create. In addition, you should have a proven track record of various projects and a versatile portfolio showing that.
What you will be working on
Siili Visual Designer is about being a creative visionary and extraordinary problem solver, having a keen eye for aesthetics and excellent understanding of modern digital products, knowledge how to visualise and transform idea to easy-to understand form.
These are the things we are looking for in candidates:
- Problem solving attitude: We are solving problems, making it pretty is only the end result.
- Basic understanding of user experience (UX).
- Excellent understanding of graphic design (visual messaging and communication).
- In-depth knowledge of: logos, icons, branding, typography, iconography, colours, presentations
- Good sense of: space, scale, colour, contrast, hierarchy, balance (strong aesthetic skills).
- Collaborating and communicating your designs with cross-functional teams (tech, data, business).
- Good listening skills: can take the clients initial concept and create a design that incorporates the vision and brand.
- Analytical skills: need to be able to outlook our work from a user’s point of view.
- Communication Skills: a must to possess impeccable communication skills, both in verbal and in written form.
- Pushing the level of Siili's design further with your designer colleagues.
In more detail, your work is all about:
- Design user-interfaces visually so that information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Designing and prototyping elegant and smart solutions for our clients' digital products and services (interaction designs, visual UI designs and related design systems).
- Prepare work by gathering information and materials.
- Generate and visualise clear ideas, concepts and designs of assets from beginning to end.
- Translate client business requirements, user needs, technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy-to-use, and emotionally engaging.
- Staying on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in visual design field.
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience.
- Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined design in a short time.
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast evolving environment.
- Proven ability delivering high quality designs to customers.
- Expert level skills in Sketch, InvisionApp, Illustrator, Photoshop and other relevant design tools.
- Web portfolio
- You are fluent in Finnish and English
- BSc degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant qualification.
What do we offer?
All Siilis share a strong craftsmanship attitude and a passion for continuous development, so you will work with smart, professional colleagues who are always developing themselves across different areas of expertise. At Siili you will get a great opportunity to learn and expand your skill set with different customers and multiple high level projects.We combine business, design, data, and technical expertise in our approach which allows you to get familiar with new frontiers. You will get a nice balance of freedom and responsibility in your work, and a great balance between work and free-time. Siili is a very family friendly workplace, and we are proud partners of Isähaaste (the "Father Challenge").
How to apply?
In order to apply, please send us a line or two with your CV and portfolio so we can start talking. We are growing fast and able to start working with you soon, so don’t wait.If you have any questions or want to chat with us a bit more before submitting your application, please contact Elena from our Talent team (firstname.lastname@example.org)!