Technical Designer (Automotive)
We are a modern technology company delivering mobile and web solutions for cars and vessels. We combine strategy, design and analytics with technology and data – that is the basis of our thinking about business.
Our customers represent global, leading brands and premium car manufacturers, that appreciate our craftsmanship, innovation and "can do" attitude. Our vast experience, factual approach to client issues and openness to new ideas are qualities highly valued by our partners.
As a Technical Designer you will help to develop state-of-the-art HMI systems (cluster, head-up display, infotainment) for future cars and vessels. That role requires being a liaision between designers and developers, to create extraordinary design which fulfills user experience, performance and complexity requirements.
• Work with either Kanzi, Unity or Qt to develop HMI systems for modern vehicles
• Optimize 3D models and 2D assets
• Create shaders and analyze bottlenecks connected with 3D real-time rendering
• Implement the user facing features and interactions
• Make sure that visual effects/animations are done in most efficient and effective way
• Optimize the system to be a highly responsive user experience
• Diagnose, analyze, and resolve relevant issues based on testing, and user validation
• Hands on experience in one of the following technologies: Unity, Qt or Kanzi Studio (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot1P6KbWX7I)
• Expertize in one of the tools: Blender or Maya / 3D Studio Max / Cinema4D
• Understanding of Shaders programming (GLSL)
• Adobe Suite excellent skills
• Good eye for visual design
• "Can do" attitude and open mindset
Please note, that US citizenship or green card is a must, so we require you to have one of these before applying.
If you are familiar with Unreal Engine or similar framework that will be considered a plus. We also value experience in working with agile software development processes.
• An opportunity to work on unique solutions for future vehicles and vessels
• Self-organizing teams with bottom-up decision making culture
• Possibility to develop yourself
The atmosphere of our place is relaxed and highly professional at the same time. Our company's philosophy is to empower people to take responsibility and become the true heroes in their respective areas of expertise. We work in self-organizing teams where everyone brings value and is able to make use of the skills to the fullest extent. People and interactions matter here.
If you are a master in your field and recognize yourself as the One – please, come and meet us.
Who are we?
Siili is a company made of over 500 highly skilled modern craftsmen and –women. We build global, lasting and comprehensive digital services together with our clients and we want to be the best at what we do. We know that we are just as successful as our people and that’s why we work hard in being the best work place for our employees’ a.k.a Siilis.
We believe you should never stop learning new things and improving your craft, which means you can grow as tall as you want to grow with us. Being a Siili means that you get to work with different teams, yet be the master of your own work – we trust in you and your expertise.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please send us your information. We are growing fast and able to start working with you soon, so don’t wait!
With any questions, please send email to our US head of operations Väinö Leskinen at v.leskinen [at] siili.com">v.leskinen(a)siili.com.
Looking forward to your application!