Automotive UI Designer
We are a modern technology company delivering mobile and web solutions to cars and vessels. We combine strategy, design and analytics with technology and data – that is the basis of our thinking about business.
Our customers represent global, leading brands like: HBO, Kone, Rovio, Ikea, and they appreciate our craftsmanship, innovation and "can do" attitude. Our vast experience, factual approach to client issues and openness to new ideas are qualities highly valued by our partners.
We are looking for Automotive UI Designers to join our troops. Outstanding people, who can design and execute modern UI concepts for infotainment systems. You will work with other visionaries, and you will be challenged to create next generation User Interfaces for future vehicles and vessels.
We are looking for candidate, who will be responsible for:
- Designing modern instrument clusters and infotainment systems
- Leading concept ideation and concept development
- Creating high quality widgets, animations, mechanical animation in automotive-specific tools
- Visualizing and presenting concepts to stakeholders from corporate leadership to customers
- Planning movement sets and mock-up sessions
- Working with technical animators on implementation, optimization and animation troubleshooting
As a person you could be:
- Passionate about user interface design and about creating a profound change in the automotive industry
- Experienced with multiple 2D/3D tools (e.g. Photoshop / Illustrator / Sketch, 3ds Max / Cinema 4D / Maya / Blender)
- Having motion graphics skills (e.g. After Effects and/or prototyping tools such as Flinto / Principle / Kite)
- Experienced in UX methodology (e.g. wireframing, prototyping, creating user flows)
- Have perfect eye for visual design & open-minded approach
- Experienced in UI design for web and mobile
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work closely with programmers
- Have solid understanding of traditional design principles (e.g. typography, layout, colors, etc.)
Please note, that US citizenship or green card is a must, so we require you to have one of these before applying.
Nice to have:
- Experience in design in the game industry
- Experience from real-time graphics technologies such as Unity or Unreal
- Experience with Kanzi or QT
- Experience working with HMI software frameworks and tools
- An opportunity to work on unique solutions for future vehicles and vessels
- Self-organizing teams with bottom-up decision making culture
- Possibility to develop yourself
The atmosphere of our place is relaxed and highly professional at the same time. Our company's philosophy is to empower people to take responsibility and become the true heroes in their respective areas of expertise. We work in self-organizing teams where everyone brings value and is able to make use of the skills to the fullest extent. People and interactions matter here.
If you are a master in your field and recognize yourself as the One – please, come and meet us.
Who are we?
Siili is a company made of over 500 highly skilled modern craftsmen and –women. We build global, lasting and comprehensive digital services together with our clients and we want to be the best at what we do. We know that we are just as successful as our people and that’s why we work hard in being the best work place for our employees’ a.k.a Siilis.
We believe you should never stop learning new things and improving your craft, which means you can grow as tall as you want to grow with us. Being a Siili means that you get to work with different teams, yet be the master of your own work – we trust in you and your expertise.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please send us your information. We are growing fast and able to start working with you soon, so don’t wait!
With any questions, please send email to our US head of operations Väinö Leskinen at v.leskinen [at] siili.com">v.leskinen(a)siili.com.
Looking forward to your application!