The Real Git
As a software engineer you use version control throughout the day. It’s one of the most important tools in your software development toolbox. You’ll do yourself and your whole team a huge favour by understanding it and learning to use it effectively. You can thank yourself later.
Have you ever wondered, why some tell you to fetch and some tell you to push? Have you ever tried to rebase without actually understanding, what you’re doing? Has your work mate ever accidentally pushed her whole mp3-collection to your common repository?
- Strong understanding of Git basics
- Git and distributed version control don’t scare you anymore
- Understanding, what you can do with Git and what not
- Solid skills to explore Git further on your own
- Anyone, who really wants to understand Git and version control. Even complete version control newbies are warmly welcome!
- Git users, who want to go deeper
- Git users, who want to build up self confidence to teach others
- Anyone considering of migrating to Git
A laptop with a recent version of Git and gitk installed to it. We’ll use Git from the command line. We’ll also use gitk, a graphical Git repository browser. These can be downloaded for most platforms from http://git-scm.com.
Trainer: Aleksi Aalto (Omoroi)
We have not planned any dates for this course yet, academy [at] siili.com (contact us )if you want to know more.